nyc unpictured favorites
There were so many things we loved about this city that were left unpictured, so heres our top ten unpictured moments:
- (Our) Halal Man - If you ever get a chance, make sure to visit the Halal cart on the intersection of Prince and Broadway, across from the Aldo and in front of Zara, preferably between the hours of 9pm and 9am. You will find the nicest little Indian Halal-making man who will give you free pita and/or soda if you are nice :) We’ve frequented him way too many times this summer…
- Haandi - Oh Haandi. We shall miss you so with your cheap Indian food. So delicious and absolutely not legit. Your service was awful - yet hilariously fail, your decor sucked and your waiter was Mexican. But, your food was divinely nonbrown and your location was even better for our empty tummies. Get the chicken tikka… every time.
- Sushi everywhere - Ok so we had a special post about sushi… but we really love it and want to talk about us loving it. You will find the best sushi in this city, especially with the help of Groupon, Scoutmob and LivingSocial. Also, little Japanese sushi-making men are rearry nice. Smileyface.
- Jamba Juice - Literally decorating every corner of NYC… It doesn’t matter what flavor you get, they are all so good and smoothiesque. This past week has been ONE DOLLA smoothies and Sally has taken full advantage - disregarding her lactose intolerance. Indiana, why you no have Jamba? D:
- The N/R and 6 metro lines - It’s so easy and beautiful. You can’t get lost, and gets you up and down town easypeasy. All those other lines ain’t got nuttin’ on these.
- Da peepole - Annie coined this ingenius term one drunken day. “DA PEEPOLE”, she declared happily whilst tripping down a sidewalk. So we took to calling people, pee+pole. This city is filled with all kinds of fabulous, weird, wacky and wonderful peepole to keep you entertained for hours. Amongst the bunch, we came across a lost gay completely drunk brazilian on the metro at 1am blabbering about a flight to catch the next morning, a couple of old asians in chinatown who shoved McDonald’s oatmeal coupons into our hands and yelled at us “GET OATMEAL. ENDS AT MEEEDNIGHT!”, and a hilarious vietnamese bartender who gave us free drinks - his name was trunk and he got us drunk.
- No tax on clothes - when they say 9.99… they mean 9.99. that’s it.
- Duane Reade cards - You have no idea how many Duane Reade rewards cards we made. Every purchase, new card. Why? I don’t actually know why we had such a hard time keeping them. Okay - maybe I remember, we threw them away as soon as we got one. Oops? But they got us discounts and we were quite pleased. Thanks DR.
- Little doggies and big men - every morning, we would see a variety of cute little dogs being walked by big buff men. Strange sight… but provides you with the regular chuckle each morning. A 6 foot buff man with a little yorkie seems like the winning combo.
- Annie-Sally dates - We can’t list them all out here, but if we did, they’d sound like a kid’s book series. (Ex: Annie and Sally go to the beach. Annie and Sally play with animals… etc) But seriously, sorry boys, we’re the cutest couple out there. Although we’ve always failed at coming up with a couple name…
YAY. Alright, Sally’s peaceing out in the morning back to the lovely cornfields of Indiana. Annie will follow shortly thereafter on Saturday. And this concludes the chronicles of eightbyten. We will miss you so - OH wait, we never got our manicures… the vouchers are good for 4 years. We’ll be back. ;)
9 months ago · 1 note